How To Deploy Apollo Server To Elastic Beanstalk
Deploying an application to Elastic Beanstalk was pretty tricky for me at first. It's pretty simple but somehow I messed it up so many times. Here is a guide to get you started so you don't make the same mistakes I did.
First things first
- clone or download this repo https://github.com/ikey2244/apollo-server-elastic-beanstalk.git
- navigate to wherever you downloaded it
- click on the apollo-server-elastic-beanstalk folder
- highlight everything, right click and create a zip called application.zip
we will be using this zip later so just hang on to it for now
Getting Started with Elastic Beanstalk
Sign into your AWS console https://aws.amazon.com/. Or go to https://portal.aws.amazon.com/billing/signup#/start if you haven't made an account
Once you've signed in or created your account you will be greeted with this page. Go ahead and search for Elastic Beanstalk. Click the "Elastic Beanstalk" from the suggestions list
Click the blue "Get Started" button
This is where we will configure our Elastic Beanstalk environment and application.
Go ahead and do the following:
- Application name: apollo-server
- Platform: Node.js
- Upload your code: click "upload" button a window will pop up that looks like this:
Now we wait...
If followed each step correctly you should see something like this. Success!
Click on the URL that was generated at the top and see your new application in all of its glory!
This is a pretty simple setup. Stay tuned for a more complicated example. :)